Important advice on completing your application
Bradford Council want to reflect the communities we serve and diverse at all levels. We therefore positively encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates. To read more about our commitment please visit this statement.
The decision to invite you for longlist (first) interview is based on the information you give in your application. Available via this website, you can access a Job Profile which describes the job and the person specification for the post – provided when you fill out the entry fields with brief details on the role’s specific webpage. You should read the webpage and the Job Profile carefully as the information will help you to decide if you wish to apply for the job. The corporate and service responsibilities list the Objectives and Duties of the role, followed by the Person Specification which lists the Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and the Personal Qualities needed to do the job.
The Qualifications and Experience items are those which candidates should respond to in their supporting statement. This statement will be used during the assessment of written applications to select longlisted candidates, so those taken forward to first technical interviews. Then the full list of items (therefore the Knowledge, Skills and Qualities) will be referred to during all interviews and assessments.
Please see further information below to help you produce your best application. We have provided advice to help you to produce a good application. Please take your time to review this before submitting your application. The advice will enable you to maximise the impact of your application.
- the timetable may change. Any changes will be indicated here on this recruitment website. If in doubt, please contact us.
- please contact us on 0161 835 3377 or [email protected] if you have a disability and wish to make alternative arrangements. If you have difficulty in completing your application we will be happy to consider an alternative application, eg: tape or Braille.
- should you require any adjustments to be made to the selection process arising from any disability please notify us of your needs.
Your application for the role should be made up of 4 documents:
- 1. A complete CV
- 2. A covering letter, explaining your interest in and motivation to apply for the role and briefly what you feel you will bring to it. Please include details of:
- any connections or relationships you may have with employees, councillors or their families at Bradford Council.
- if there are any dates when you would be unavailable for interview.
- outline of your current salary package.
- the names, positions, organisations, email address and phone numbers of two individuals who could be approached as referees, one of which should be from your existing/last employer (see referees note below).
- 3. A supporting statement. This is a response to the nine Qualifications and Experience Requirements in the Job Profile. Note To access the relevant Role Profile (if you have not already done so) please go to the role’s web page and then to the bottom of the page. Here, fill out your contact details, click submit and you will be taken to another webpage where a PDF link for the Role Profile will be visible. It might be worth saving the PDF for future use to save you time filling out your details again.
- 4. A completed Equal-Opportunities-Form
(Depending on your internet browser you may need to “save link as” to save file and then be able to view this Word document). We use the information to help us in assessing the effectiveness of our Equal Opportunities Policy.
Writing a supporting statement
In responding to the required Qualifications and Experience criteria items, you should consider your own experience and suitability for the role. Take each criteria item individually and then provide your evidence against each one. For each item outline the role in which you have shown the necessary experience and how you have demonstrated this (the skills and behaviours you have displayed). You only need one good example for each item, describing the challenge or issue you faced, what you did and the outcome achieved. Outcomes should be concrete, clearly quantified or evidenced and relevant to the job.
You should aim to use no more than one third or half a page for each item response to the criteria; bullet points are OK. Please do not get fixated on the length of the application but try to avoid being over long.
We will only approach referees if you are invited to attend the final stages of the process, and will only do so having first requested your permission.
Applications should be emailed to Elaine Smith via [email protected] with the job number and title in the subject field:
Assistant Director – Revenues, Benefits and Payroll – Bradford Ref: 764
If necessary, post applications but please inform us by email to the above address that you have done so:
Proventure Consulting Ltd
Blackfriars House, Parsonage
Timetable – Assistant Director – Revenues, Benefits and Payroll
|Application deadline||Monday 14th February|
|Longlisting (technical) interview||3th + 4th March|
|Final Panel – Interview and assessments||22nd March|
Please note that the timetable may change. Any changes will be indicated on this recruitment website. If in doubt, please contact Proventure to discuss.
Queries and help
Please note that the timetable and locations of meetings may change, especially during the Covid 19 pandemic. Any changes will be indicated on this recruitment website. If in doubt, please contact us to discuss.
We have provided more information here on our Proventure website that will help you to produce your application. Please take your time to review this before sending your documents to us. The information provided will give you the tools you need to maximise the impact of your application.
If you have any queries about these appointments, about your application, or would like an informal and confidential discussion, please contact Mark Tobin on 07717 725 844 or Stephen Cooley on 07747 698 829. They will be pleased to take your call.
Please contact Proventure Consulting on 0161 835 3377 if you have a disability and wish to make alternative arrangements. If you have difficulty in completing your application we will be happy to consider an alternative application, eg: tape or Braille.
Should you require any adjustments to be made to the selection process arising from any disability please notify us of your needs.