INDEPENDENT CHAIR AND SCRUTINY LEAD – BRADFORD SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN BOARD
Bradford Safeguarding Children Board (BSCB) is seeking to appoint to the role of Independent Chair and Scrutiny Lead.
The role will provide strong strategic leadership to ensure that local multi agency safeguarding arrangements operate effectively and provide assurance and scrutiny that all relevant organisations and agencies co-operate to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children in Bradford.
As a result of a recent Oftsed Inspection of Children Services, the Local Authority in Bradford is subject to formal intervention by the Department for Education (DfE). The successful applicant will play an important role in representing the BSCB as part of the rapid improvement journey.
The role will also ensure that the safeguarding partners have developed and are ready to implement effective Multi-Agency safeguarding arrangements, in line with the requirements in Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018.
Within Bradford the BSCB has an established arrangement which demonstrates strong partnership working. New arrangements will build upon existing structures with the continuation of a Safeguarding Board and associated sub-groups.
To apply for this post, the applicant will:
- Have significant experience at operational and strategic level in a relevant field, such as Social care, health or criminal justice
- Have a proven track record of effective leadership at executive level with experience of successful change management
- Have the ability to chair complex multi-agency discussions that result in assurances and changes to improve safeguarding outcomes and provide robust scrutiny and challenge
- Have the experience of developing and maintaining strong strategic and business
- relationships to ensure effective governance of and between partnerships
- Suitable experience of the relevant regulations and operational context of safeguarding work to enable well-rounded contributions to considering case issues, e.g. professional challenges or Local Safeguarding Children Reviews
- Be educated to degree-level or above in Social Care or other relevant field
- Have an understanding of emerging complex safeguarding matters impacting across Strategic Boards
The candidate will possess the ability to lead, influence and motivate others. A robust knowledge and understanding of the children’s safeguarding agenda and a clear commitment to work collaboratively with partners to improve outcomes for children is essential.
The BSCB Independent Chair and Scrutiny Lead is accountable to the Chief Executive of Bradford Metropolitan District Council. Salary will be £575.00 per day, including travel expenses. It is anticipated that this role will require the post holder to undertake at least 2 days in each calendar month. The specific commitment required can be agreed as part of the appointment process and is open to negotiation and demands.
The appointment will be for 3 years, subject to review at 6 months and annual appraisals.To view the Job Profile for the post please click here. For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact David Walmsley on 01274 432131.
Application: Candidates are required to submit their CV with a supporting statement setting out their suitability against the Job Profile, how they satisfy the requirements of the role and why they are interested in the role. Submissions must be made by email to [email protected]
Closing date is 1700 hours on the 6th February 2019.
If you have not heard anything within 28 days you can assume your application has not been successful.